At Janno Media, we apply green thinking to all decision-making and actions to help benefit the environment. We are committed to making a positive impact on the environment and encouraging our community to do the same, by developing and implementing effective green practices.
We are committed to continually improve and monitor our environmental performance and managing our environmental impact and we aim to work with like-minded suppliers and sub-contractors who work towards the same goals.
We are dedicated to taking the following actions to achieve our green vision:
Measurably reduce our company’s carbon footprint
- We will offer specialised virtual video & podcasting solutions for clients reducing the need for travelling to locations
- We will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessary trips only
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as email or video/phone conferencing
- We will continue to work remotely as a team, reducing commuter travel and office energy use
- We will encourage employees to switch to a specialist green energy supplier at home
- We will encourage all employees to be mindful of reducing energy whilst working, switching off lights and electrical equipment when not in use
- We will consider the energy consumption and efficiency of equipment when making purchases
- We will recycle electronics when replaced, either to charities, or through trade-ins.
- We will utilise cloud computing to share and access information, thus reducing travel/printing needs and the maintenance of power-intensive servers.
Reduce the amount of waste we use
- We will encourage employees to minimise the use of paper
- We will encourage employees to buy recycled and recyclable paper products
- We will encourage employees to reuse and recycle all paper used where possible
Increase green knowledge and awareness
- We will share the latest green initiatives amongst employees to increase awareness
- We will endorse green policies in our community by producing (and sharing, where possible) free content for clients who wish to promote any green initiatives throughout 2021.
We will involve all staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance. We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders if necessary.